Production Engineer - Join us in sunny San Antonio - Relo Available
Company: Standard Aero
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Reports Directly To: Director, Engineering (SBU); Manager,
Reports Functionally To: Vice President, Engineering & Quality
StandardAero Power Plant/Propulsion Engineer supports
organization's ability to maintain, repair and overhaul gas turbine
engines used in flight applications as a 145 Repair Station. This
position focuses on shop support, customer technical support,
engine repair instructions, scrap material review, development of
minor repairs and continuous improvement programs. Ensures
compliance to relevant airworthiness and contractual
- Identifies and establishes improvement programs through root
cause analysis (i.e., repair instructions, proper sequencing,
inspection criteria, gauges, fixtures, machines, etc.), analysis of
turn times, work in process, non-conformance tags (NCTs), material
review board (MRBs), process interruptions, other line stoppages,
warranty failure modes, field reliability of repairs, investigation
of repair-related field problems, line build problems, and
subcontractors' repair performance. Works with quality department
to trend the improvements.
- Develops minor/major repairs (non-standard in conjunction with
original equipment manufacturer (OEM), in-house process engineers,
and outside services as required) under Design Approval
Organization (DAO) sanction; refines existing repair schemes to
eliminate the frequent need for in-process rejects and MRBs.
- Owns, generates, maintains, and updates, temporary overhaul data
revisions (TODRs), etc. related to repair; prepares production
routings and detailed repair instructions based on approved
- Provides input to management pertaining to repair/process
- In compliance with company instructions and the Design Approval
Organization, executes MRB documentation and NCTs, TODRs and
temporary parts list revisions (TPLRs).
- Acts as a conduit between the business unit and component
remanufacturing services in resolving technical production
- Implements new repairs/processes on scheduled due dates to
accomplish production objectives using project management
- Performs production capacity planning.
- Originates, revises & interprets technical drawings.
- Provides support and consultation services to business unit
personnel and to the repair development facilities with regard to
the development and implementation of new repairs and processes or
repair development projects.
- Responsible for development of cost benefit analysis on all
repair projects managed; provides cost and schedule estimates for
proposed work packages.
- Supports acquisition of equipment as required to meet
implementation objectives. Establishes and monitors equipment
- Writes technical reports and proposals; develops work
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and
reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other projects as assigned.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, leadership,
interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication
- Good project management skills.
- Working knowledge of gas turbine/accessory design theory, basic
machine shop practices, and basic gas turbine metallurgy;
familiarity with engine manuals.
- Working knowledge of Rolls-Royce RB211-535 or other large
commercial aircraft engine preferred.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments; ability to
interpret drawings (including tolerancing).
- Thorough knowledge of failure modes and effects analysis.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system
- Basic knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR as it applies to maintenance, repair and
- University degree in mechanical, industrial, aerospace, or
metallurgical engineering; or equivalent from an ABET accredited
four-year college or university.
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Must have US Person status, per ITAR & EAR requirements.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
The typical minimum level of education to perform this job
competently is equivalent to completion of a university (bachelor)
program in a specialized field of study and work. The work requires
a sound understanding of the underlying theoretical principles and
concepts associated with the subject area and an understanding of
the relation of these to the responsibilities of the job. This
specialized training is often recognized by a degree and/or
Directly/indirectly related work experience representing continuous
learning and required for someone to perform this job competently
is three to six years.
Ongoing work assignments typically have clearly defined goals, but
no (or minimal) direction with respect to what action steps to
follow. The incumbent's education, training, and previous
experience will help ensure that the goal of the assignment can be
clearly defined and understood (even if that means just knowing
what relevant questions to ask), but the required/optional
approaches to achieving the goal will often remain unclear,
undefined and/or untested until the work assignment is well
Keywords: Standard Aero, Dallas , Production Engineer - Join us in sunny San Antonio - Relo Available, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!