Senior Model Development Analyst
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Senior Model Development AnalystDallas, United States of
AmericaWHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGThe Sr Model Development Analyst is
responsible for supervising the development and maintenance of
sophisticated empirical models - including credit scoring models -
for a nonprime auto lender. The position is highly quantitative in
nature and requires an individual capable of taking a "hands on"
approach to data analysis. -This position is furthermore
responsible for summarizing and reporting information to a variety
of internal and external clients.
- Researches, develops and implements competitive pricing
programs and/or banking products and services for various lines of
business -to appropriately price based on risk, deposit, or credit
goals while maintaining profitability.
- Continuously monitors the market and competitor strategies to
ensure pricing is in line to provide consumers and/or clients a
fair price while maintaining market share and/or deposit
- Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the pricing
strategy changes from inception through introduction into the
- Ensures products meet regulatory and industry standards.
- Supervises the development of complex mathematical models -
including credit origination and customer behavior scorecards -
which directly support critical decision making processes and the
company's overall understanding of our business, the markets within
which we operate, and our customers.
- Develops the underlying assumptions, theory, empirical
evidence, and conceptual soundness of statistical and mathematical
- Applies statistical techniques to analyze trends and uncover
risks and opportunities relative to portfolio management and
- Uses internal and external data sources to create robust model
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Work Experience: 5+ years ; Analytics in Financial Services
- Demonstrated experience with logistic regression models,
segmentation and variable reduction techniques, hypothesis testing,
neural networks, design of experiments, ANOVA, decision trees, and
- Prior experience working with credit bureau data.
- Prior experience using SAS, particularly SAS base, SAS/STAT,
PROC SQL, and SAS Macro programming. Additional knowledge of R
- Demonstrated ability to use SQL and SAS to extract data from
multiple data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to merge, concatenate, clean, and prepare
extremely large datasets for statistical analysis and mathematical
- Demonstrated ability to create complex pivot tables in MS
- Ability to effectively explain advanced mathematical concepts,
techniques, and analyses to a business audience.At Santander, we
value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to
increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone
to apply.Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.This job description does not
list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your
supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be
evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed
in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this
job description at any time. This job description is not a contract
for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any
time for any reason. -#LI-hybrid Masters of Science (MS)
Primary Location: -Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: -Texas-Dallas
Organization: -Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Dallas , Senior Model Development Analyst, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!