Registered Nurse - Nurse Manager WOC Outpatient and Remote Sites - Dallas, Texas - Manager
Company: VA North Texas health care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse - Nurse Manager WOC Outpatient and Remote Sites
- Dallas, Texas
VA offers a comprehensive total rewards package:
The Nurse Manager, is responsible and accountable for 24/7
operations of the unit, ensuring that nursing personnel provide
timely nursing care which complies with accepted standards of
clinical practice. Specific duties of the Nurse Manager Wound
Ostomy Care Services include:
- Assumes a leadership role in the implementation of nursing
practices that promote continuous quality improvement and desirable
patient outcomes. Develops standards of care and assists in the
formulation and evaluation of procedures, protocols and policies
related to wound/ostomy patient care for North Texas Health Care
- Provides guidance to staff to identify, control or eliminate
etiologic factors for skin breakdown, including selection of
appropriate support surface. Provides follow-up for patients with
ostomies and wound care. Instructs and demonstrates to patient
and/or significant other, correct procedures in Wound/ostomy
management and care.
- Initiates assessments, plans, and provides care to patient with
ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or
chronic wounds with orders/referrals from Medical Provider,
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy. Provides comprehensive care and
teaching to patients and their families regarding the evaluation,
selection, and recommendation of supplies and equipment in order to
provide optimal wound and ostomy care.
- Analyzes stock items and recommends appropriate additions and
deletions to assure quality and cost-effectiveness of products used
for ostomy and wound care.
- Manages Wound Clinic operations and program development with
maintenance of records, statistics and submits reports. Assists
staff to maintain current knowledge and competence in the areas of
skin, wound, and ostomy management.
- Provides specialized consultation and collaboration with
physicians, licensed independent practitioners, peers, and others
in the health care organization to develop, implement, and assure
continuity of individualized treatment plans.
- Prescribes appropriate treatment consults such as wound
dressings, ointments, advanced therapies, and specialty
- Monitors and evaluates the prevalence and incidence of pressure
ulcers in the Medical Center and coordinates prevalence and
- Assesses and identifies the educational needs of all levels of
nursing staff regarding wounds, ostomy and continence.
- Participates in the administration of current, evidence-based
education of staff, monitoring outcomes of education.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills. Actively works
with staff to maintain compliance with all regulatory
**NOTE: Upon assignment to this position, theincumbent's salary
will include two additional steps for assignment to a Head
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Keywords: VA North Texas health care, Dallas , Registered Nurse - Nurse Manager WOC Outpatient and Remote Sites - Dallas, Texas - Manager, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!