Field AV Installation Technician - Dallas, TX
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Company: KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA) Job Code:
13201 Pay Grade: US-B10 Salary Range: $20.19 - $31.30 Description
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a
family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by
advancing medical technology through innovation and education. For
more than 75 years, KARL STORZ has been dedicated to earning its
international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers,
manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on
visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical
effectiveness.Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with protected disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this job. This role will reside in one of the
following cities/states - Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, Dallas, TX and
Salt Lake City, UT This position will require upto 70-80% travel,
mon - fri travel most weeks of the year with the potential for a
weekend project every 6th week. Travel will be local when possible
but it very well could be from coast to coast depending upon
- Job Purpose and Core Tasks The Product Deployment Specialist I
supports a positive customer experience by performing the primary
field operation al duties of deploying audio-visual and
network-based integrated OR systems (current and legacy) within a
medical operating room environment. Responsibilities include
constructing the digital infrastructure of an operating room:
physical placement /installation/termination of equipmen t/
cabling, and configuration of s oftware. Exhibits professionalism
at all times by following SOPs , SLAs, and work instructions.
Supports a specified geographic region and/or other regions as
assigned. Deploys product to bring an operating room to life.
- Works with a team of 2 + specialists to install operating room
- Demonstrates responsibility in: communicating effectively with
internal and external c ustomers;
- Achieving excellent customer satisfaction by meeting
established deadlines SOPs and SLAs.
- Execute tasks as assigned by management in an organized and
thoughtful manner. .
- Must be able to maintain productive working relationships and
treat fellow employees with respect. Technical Expertise
- Deployment Level: Introductory
- Attends technical update classes/training in the field,
virtually or in a designated KARL STORZ site as scheduled.
Documentation and Paperwork Responsibility
- Utilizes technology (iPhone, computer, and related software and
applications) to perform required administrative duties (e.g.
timesheets) on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Submits corporate documentation on time with rigor.
- Completes and submit s daily project status reports and deliver
s /communicate s status reports with project management on a daily
basis or in a frequency agreed upon by the project team.
- Responsible for cost-effectively managing travel and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining up to date hospital credentialing
portfolio. Follows hospital protocols and upholds KARL STORZ
standards of professional conduct when working with customers,
management, and fellow employees. Utilizes customer protocols when
entering and exiting facilities and abides by all KARL STORZ
protocols and procedures. Additional Requirements
- Good driving record and the ability to travel up to 80%
throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico to customer sites that
include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms,
laboratories, and surgery centers.
- Flexible scheduling may be required to accommodate customer
needs. This may include working outside of an 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
workday. May be required to work evening, early morning, or weekend
shifts as needed to complete projects. II. Minimum Knowledge,
Education, and Skill Requirements RequiredMinimum years of relevant
work experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of gerneral work experience,
AV / IP cabling experience preferred (see below) Minimum education,
certifications and/or credentials: High School Diploma or GED or
equivalent combination of education and relevant experience , m
eets or exceeds Technical Goal Guidelines below. Minimum hard skill
requirements - Technical Goal Guidelines
- Basic experience in audio/video control systems or medical
devices or computer systems
- Able to use hand tools and power meters
- Adequate computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office,
including Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with mobile tools and application Minimum soft
- Ability to communicate professionally and articulately with
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with
changing priorities and work situations.
- Uses patience when listening to people.
- Accurately conveys information.
- Uses proper business etiquette for email and phone
- Responds promptly with a high level of customer
- Openly shares information for collaboration.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a
- Energetic with a desire to learn and develop new skills
- Works safely
- Continuous improvement mindset. Open to feedback
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to business processes Preferred
Preferred years of relevant work experience:
- 1-2 years electro-mechanical installation or commercial
audiovisual integration installation experience, or related
experience. Preferred hard skill requirements:
- Basic understanding of Cable Terminations: ability to perform
Solder, Crimp, Compression, and Punch-Down connections for audio,
video, network, control, and power devices
- Basic understanding of Cable Media: ability to distinguish
Coax, Mini-Hi- Res, Copper, Multi-Conductor, CAT-5/6, and Fiber
- Basic understanding of Cable Handling: ability to maintain
proper cable pull techniques
- Rack and Field Termination: ability to maintain uniform cable
dressing and secure system connections
- Able to mount AV equipment such as wall displays and
- Basic experience in control systems, network-based devices,
power amplifiers, video matrix switchers, video scalers, and
digital video recorders
- Able to read and understand schematics III. Essential Function
HAS CONTACT WITH:
- Inside and outside the company staff PHYSICAL
- Position requires routine walking, bending, kneeling,
squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, and twisting.
- Must perform work from floor level to above shoulder height.
Must routinely lift/lower/carry 1 to 35 pounds, lift/lower 36 to 49
pounds and lift/lower 50 to 100+ pounds.
- Must climb ladders and work above floor height. Must crouch,
stoop, or squat to work inside or under equipment or move through
low headroom spaces.
- Position requires routine pushing, pulling, grasping, and
manual dexterity in the use of hands, arms, and shoulders.
- Walking great lengths at a time and standing for extended
- Able to work in tight spaces.
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product using
up to approximately 50 lbs of force.
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical
equipment, and patients. . IV. Core Requirements DEGREE OF
ACCOUNTABILITY: FREQUENTLY SUPERVISED. DEGREE OF DECISION MAKING:
DIVERSIFIED TASKS. FINANCIAL/BUDGETARY: LITTLE OR NO FINANCIAL
IMPACT ON REVENUES OR COST. SAFETY: THIS IS A SAFETY SENSITIVE JOB.
QUALITY: ADHERE TO KSEA OR1 QUALITY REQUIREMENTS SUPERVISION: DOES
NOT SUPERVISE OTHERS Authority to Sign (not applicable for North
America): Travel: Good driving record Up to 80% travel during the
year throughout the US, Canada and Mexico to customer sites that
include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms,
laboratories, and surgery centers.Note for U.S. only: Nothing in
this job description restricts management's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time.#LI-NM1Pay Transparency The salary range and/or hourly pay
rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base
compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this
position at the time of this job posting and may be modified in the
future. When determining a specific team member's base salary
and/or hourly pay rate, several factors will be considered
including such things as location, specialty, service line, years
of relevant experience, education, professional credentials,
internal equity and the amount budgeted for the role. Vaccine
requirements at KARL STORZ due to COVID-19 KARL STORZ is committed
to maintaining a safe work environment for our employees and
therefore we require the COVID-19 vaccine for all of our employees
unless otherwise due to an underlying medical condition or
sincerely held religious beliefs. During the interview process, we
encourage you to ask how COVID-19 may impact the role you are
seeking and if you require a reasonable accommodation regarding the
vaccine requirement see below on the process for requesting
accommodation. Please click here to learn more about our overall
response to COVID-19. Employee Benefits Program Overview for U.S.
- Medical / Dental / Vision including a state of the art wellness
program and pet insurance, too!*
- 3 weeks' vacation, 10 holidays plus paid sick time*
- Up to 8 weeks of 100% paid company parental leave**
- 401K retirement savings plan providing a match of 60% of the
employee's first 6% contribution
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, STD, LTD & LTC Insurance
- We prepay your tuition up to $5,200 per year! - Tuition
- Fitness reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Employee referral program of up to $2,000 per hire
- And much more! *Field sales, internships and part-time
employees are not eligible except for where required by state
law.Non-employees, including temporary workers and consultants, are
not eligible to participate in KARL STORZ benefits program. **To
include, maternal/paternal leave, adoption and foster of a
child.KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the
employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any
time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ,
through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties
outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the
supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ
policies and procedures. Equal Employment Opportunity & Reasonable
Accommodation Statement KARL STORZ is committed to creating an
inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills and
unique experiences. To achieve this goal, we are committed to
diverse voices and all applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability,
veteran status or any other protected characteristic. KARL STORZ is
also committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our
recruitment process. Should you need assistance or accommodation
please email us at TaleoAdministrator@karlstorz.com. Notice to
Employment Agencies This recruitment assignment is being managed
directly by KARL STORZ's Human Resources team. Human Resources will
reach out to our preferred, contracted agency partners in the rare
instance additional talent options are required. Your respect for
this process is appreciated. KARL STORZ does not accept unsolicited
Agency resumes. Resumes received which were unsolicited by KARL
STORZ Human Resources department will be ineligible for referral
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Dallas , Field AV Installation Technician - Dallas, TX, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...