Company: American Woodmark Corporation
Posted on: May 28, 2023
With over 10,000 employees and more than a dozen brands, American Woodmark is one of the nation's largest cabinet manufacturers. By partnering with major home centers, builders, and dealers, we spark the imagination of homeowners and designer and bring their vision to life. Across our service and distribution centers, our corporate office and manufacturing facilities, you'll always find the same commitment to customer satisfaction, integrity, teamwork, and excellence.
We are on a journey to encourage an inclusive Woodmark, and are taking meaningful actions to promote diverse representation across every part of the business. Together, every team member contributes to making American Woodmark a place where people can express who they are through what they do.
The Production Planner position will be responsible for driving the ECN (Engineering Change Management) management and discontinued SKU processes. Schedule production planning and Shop Floor controls. Manages WIP inventory. This position will report directly to the Production Control Manager.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
* 510 years of experience in manufacturing, purchasing and materials controls, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* APICS certification is a plus
* Experience with JD Edwards OneWorld ERP system is highly desirable
* Ability to multi-task in order to manage multiple projects at a time.
* Possess "Big Picture" Operations knowledge.
* Must be able to work with all departments within American Woodmark in order to be effective.
* Excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Able to build productive relationships with suppliers and customers.
* Must be team people oriented, professional and displays a "can-do" attitude.
* Must be proficient in MSOffice/Windows in a networked PC environment
* MS Excel strong expertise for analysis, making pivot tables and doing lookups
* Bachelor's Degree in business, operations management or supply chain management or related field from an accredited college or university is required
* Drive the ECN management and discontinued SKU processes
* Master Schedule various work centers in creating a level load plan to minimize component shortages and maximize efficiencies: Kitchen Stock, CNL and MTO (Made to Order).
* Recommend rework options and re-distribute product to other branch plants
* Review 'No Demand' and Excess Inventory reports and work with production to disposition.
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
* Champion American Woodmark's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
* Typically, this position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
* Reports to:
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews.
* Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: American Woodmark Corporation, Dallas , Production Planner, Professions , Dallas, Texas
here to apply!