Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Sterile Processing
Technician for a job in Waxahachie, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Sterile Processing Technician
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 8 hours, evenings
- Employment Type: Staff
Location - Baylor Medical Center of Waxahachie (Waxahachie,TX)
Unit/Dept - Sterile Processing
Shift/Schedule Monday thru Friday 230pm - 1100pm
The Sterile Processing Technician 2 performs a variety of duties
associated with cleaning, sterilization, processing, organizing and
distributing patient equipment, instruments, supplies and products
used in the care and treatment of patients. May serve as a resource
to Sterile Processing Technician 1 staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Prepares rooms and organizes instruments, equipment, treatment
trays and supplies for specified departments.
- Cleans and decontaminates instruments, containers and patient
equipment using detergents and disinfectant solutions under
regulatory standards and internal policies and procedures. Operates
semi automatic and automatic sterilization equipment and
- Inventories, orders, replenishes and distributes instruments,
reusable medical equipment and medical supplies for general
supplies and surgical carts.
- Maintains and controls inventory. Maintains applicable records
- Ensures compliance with safety, environmental, manufacturer and
infection control practices.
- Joins in providing in service training.
- Serves as a resource and helps in training and mentoring level
1 Sterile Processing staff.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge of equipment and instrument sterilization methods and
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Relational and communications skills with ability to interact
effectively with patients and staff.
- Ability to comply with safety, environmental, manufacturer and
infection control practices.
- Our competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based on position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -Cer Board Sterile Prcng &
Dist (CBSPD), Cert Reg Central Service Tech (CRCST), Cert Sterile
Proc/Distr Tech (CSPDT), Cert Surgical Technologist (CST): Must
have one of the following:
- Certified Board Sterile Processing & Dist (CBSPD), or
- Certified Reg Central Service Tech (CRCST), or
- Certified Sterile Proc/Distr Tech (CSPDT)
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
Recruiter: Jason HallBaylor Scott and White Job ID #23016230.
Posted job title: Sterile Processing Technician 2 SPDAbout Baylor
Scott & White HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in
the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and
well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It
is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and
affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes
the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research
Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its
leading digital health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals
and more than 1,100 access points, including flagship academic
medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers
the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty
care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a
century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas , Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Waxahachie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!