Client Service Consultant, EB
Company: Holmes Murphy
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Holmes Murphy is one of the nation's largest privately held
insurance brokerages. It is our mission to promote health, protect
wealth, and deliver peace of mind to our clients. We pride
ourselves on being a place where employees love what they do, and
who they do it with! In fact, we live by our purpose statement of
"Caring for your unique potential is our SOUL purpose!"Offering a
forward-thinking, innovative, and vibrant company culture, along
with the opportunity to share your unique potential, there really
is no place like Holmes! We truly believe every employee within our
company contributes their own unique talents for the greater good,
and we thrive on knowing our environment supports and cares for
everyone's individual strengths.We are looking to add a Client
Service Consultant to join our Employee Benefits team in Dallas,
TX. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their
collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills,
and a love of learning.Duties:
- Initiate opportunities to round accounts, to include presenting
information to client with or without assistance from the Senior
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication
with co-workers, clients, insurance carriers and vendor partners;
manage escalated issues.
- Share knowledge, work effort and provide guidance, delegating
- Establish and manage timelines that clearly identify all tasks,
task durations and team resources responsible for completing the
tasks, and meeting needs and milestones needed to complete assigned
- Monitor financials/budgeting status on a monthly basis; review
and deliver appropriate reporting to clients.
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance
carriers for each client; file and summarize renewals for each
client for review by appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant; and
perform the final review of documents and contracts.
- Draft complex Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by
appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant, make requested edits to
RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier markets, ensure timely
response by insurance carriers, negotiate with vendors as needed
and summarize and analyze insurance carrier proposals for review by
appropriate Consultant/Senior Consultant.
- Draft and deliver client presentations and communications
specific for each client's employee population.
- Implement new health and welfare benefit plans.
- Take ownership of identified problems; research and problem
solve to see the process through to resolution.
- Provide timely, accurate, courteous and appropriate responses
to co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Use tact, diplomacy and appropriate confidentiality in handling
sensitive client or insurance carrier situations and/or
- Visit client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings, as
- Assist clients in meeting HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA and all other
employee benefit-related compliance regulations.
- Conduct administrative tasks, as needed, in the form of photo
copying, filing, creating correspondence, etc.
- Monitor Helpline performance and issues, providing up-to-date
information and assisting with meetings/trainings (dependent upon
- Performs special projects and other duties as
requested.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a computer and working knowledge of various
software packages, such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel to client's location in coordination with
sales/service team members is a must.
- Ability and willingness to consistently participate in internal
and external educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of
current insurance topics or relevant system improvements.
- Ability and willingness to pursue a technical designation
and/or continuing education, as appropriate.
- Must be knowledgeable of and comply with HMA's Client Privacy
Policy, HIPAA regulations and E&O procedures and
- A high school diploma is required, and a college degree is
preferred. Professional designations such as CEBS or CLU are
helpful. Human Resource certifications are also preferred, such as
PHR or SPHR. Active state Life & Health insurance license, or
ability to obtain within three months of hire, is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience, preferably in a life/health,
employee benefits or provider organization, is required.Benefits:
In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also
enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits - We
know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our
employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement - We
support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing - Each year, Holmes Murphy makes a lump sum
contribution to every full-time employee's 401k. This means, even
if you're not in a position to set money aside for the future at
any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are
forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays - Yes,
we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do.
After all, you can't be at your best for our clients if you're not
at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off
and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you
- Through our Holmes Murphy Foundation, we offer several vehicles
where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs - Holmes Murphy is committed to celebrating
every employee's unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I)
experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid
Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity
Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and
interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those
if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities -
Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion
opportunities because we believe growth is important - not only
with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity - Yes, there is an annual
opportunity to make more money. Who doesn't love that?!Holmes
Murphy & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Holmes Murphy, Dallas , Client Service Consultant, EB, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!