Lead Maintenance Technician
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Lead Maintenance Technician - Packaging Equipment- Healthcare
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in
Alpharetta, Georgia. - With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we
manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100
countries. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding
potential in the impossible. quick summary of the role We have an
immediate opening for an experienced Lead Maintenance Technician in
our Dallas, Texas location in the Healthcare & Wellness Division. -
Serving as the Lead Mechanic, you will provide essential guidance
on repairs, delegate daily tasks, complete "end-of-shift" handoffs,
and serve as the primary point of contact for Managers and
Supervisors. This position is responsible for maintaining
production uptime during the shift, by troubleshooting, repairing
and maintaining packaging equipment.
- The Lead Maintenance Technician will lead other mechanics
performing preventative maintenance on all machinery on the
production and manufacturing areas to ensure equipment operate
- Repairs, maintains, and performs changeovers on all production
packaging equipment according to OEM Manuals and applicable work
instructions as required, to assure equipment safety, reliability,
efficiency, and product quality. -
- Will supports machine operators as needed during production
runs, by troubleshooting packaging equipment problems as
- Exploits planned machine downtime during their shift to perform
preventative maintenance, calibration, and facilities work as
- Seeks out and completes all training required to support the
development and progression of an effective Technical team;
recommends opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintains departmental organization and cleanliness of Tech
shop and Technical department areas of the Cleanroom.
- Flexibility to cover and/or interchange between day and night
shift as needed by the company (including but not limited to: cover
for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
- Will set up production lines as instructed on daily production
schedule or by the production supervisor; trains and guide
production personnel in safe and proper set up and operation of
line equipment as needed. -
- Inspects mechanical equipment in operation to ensure production
standard rates. Repair equipment breakdowns using diagnostic tools,
troubleshooting techniques, and hand or power tools.
- Performs electrical and fluid power work on equipment; examines
quality of parts to detect imperfections and adjust functional
parts of devices and control equipment.
- Reads and interprets documents such as SOP / GMP, Safety Rules,
Operating and Maintenance Instructions, and procedural
- Informs production supervisor of any unusual situations (i.e.,
bad components, equipment performance, etc.) or changes made to
equipment throughout the day.
- Assist in assessing and maintaining a safe work environment in
the production areas; performs routine self-audits and reporting
results to appropriate supervisor. - Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required; 4 years of mechanical
- Exceptional ability to quickly analyze, assess, and correct
process problems on packaging equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components and
systems, and the ability to conduct maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits and
controls, and ability to perform basic electrical troubleshooting
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a dynamic & diverse
- Ability to operate industrial lifting and material handling
- Ability to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with hand and power
- Possesses good team skills and demonstrates an energetic and
customer focused attitude while carrying out daily duties with
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Physically capable of performing tasks associated with the
responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; work on an elevated platform or surface; and talk, see and
- Use hands to finger, handle/feel objects, tools/controls; and
reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must frequently push or pull material handling
equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads
in excess of 1000lbs. Preferred Skills
- Working knowledge of cGMP, ISO, and FDA regulations a
- Previous forklift and/ or motorized aerial work platform
- Bilingual (English & Spanish), preferred
- Experience with fillers (tube, pouch, liquid, and powder),
labeling equipment, Texwrap Bundling.
Keywords: Mativ, Dallas , Lead Maintenance Technician, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!