Sr. Analyst, FP&A
Company: Invitation Homes
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Invitation Homes (NYSE: INVH) is the leading owner and operator
of single-family rental homes in the United States with a portfolio
of over 80,000 high quality homes in 17 major markets. Founded in
2012, the Company has experienced tremendous growth over the past
six years. In February 2017 the Company completed a $1.8 billion
initial public offering, which was the second-largest REIT IPO
ever, and today Invitation Homes is one of the 20 largest publicly
traded REITs in the United States. Invitation Homes is a
fast-paced, evolving company with an equity market capitalization
of $12 billion, total market capitalization of $22 billion, and
total revenues over $1.5 billion.Located in our Dallas, TX
corporate headquarters, the Sr. Analyst, Financial Planning &
Analysis will be a member of the FP&A team within the Company's
Financial Planning & Quantitative Analytics ("FPQA") group. The Sr.
Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will be a key member of the
team responsible for all aspects of the Company's budgeting and
forecasting activities, as well as providing analytical support for
Invitation Homes' executive leadership team in collaboration with
property accounting, corporate accounting, operations, asset
management, and investor relations counterparts. Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all FP&A activities, including Excel modeling and
routine weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual report
- Coordinate with other functional areas of the business,
including property and corporate accounting, SEC reporting,
business analytics, capital markets, operations, asset management,
and investment management teams, to review, analyze, confirm,
reconcile, and report financial results and operating performance
metrics at property, departmental, regional, and corporate
- Analyze data and identify trends and key findings in both
qualitative and quantitative data sets from various systems,
including Yardi, the Company's internal Enterprise Data Warehouse,
Salesforce, Anaplan, ADP, and various other systems.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly P&L review, quarterly
reforecasting, and annual budgeting processes. Perform
reconciliations of budget/reforecast vs. actual results, identify
primary drivers of variances, and explain findings succinctly to
- Identify opportunities to design new and/or refine existing
analyses and processes to improve the FP&A team's productivity,
accuracy, and efficiency over time.
- Support ad-hoc analyses and projects, including automation of
reporting from various internal software platforms, creation and/or
maintenance of financial and operational reporting dashboards, and
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials and
memoranda for the Company's Board of Directors, Executive
Committee, Finance & Investment Committee, senior leadership and
management teams, current and/or potential investors, current
and/or potential lenders, and research analysts.
- Define business and functional requirements of various
initiatives and collaborate with internal and external technical
resources to ensure technical designs align with business
- Participate in and support user acceptance testing to ensure
that project deliverables are completed in a timely fashion and
objectives are met.
- Other duties as assigned.Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and strong academic record. Advanced degree
(MBA, JD, etc.) or certifications (CFP, CPA, etc.) a plus, but not
- Minimum 7 years' experience in FP&A, public accounting,
investment banking, and/or private equity
- Financial modeling, business analytics, and/or real estate
experience preferred.Skills/Specialized Knowledge
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
(Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.), including comfort and
familiarity with advanced Excel functions.
- Comfort and familiarity with basic finance and accounting
theory. Ability to read and comprehend financial statements,
including both GAAP and non-GAAP reporting.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and discipline required.
Ability to demonstrate strong self-initiative, problem-solving, and
decision-making skills. Self-starter with a strong sense of
ownership and accountability.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
Extremely well-developed analytical abilities and proven ability to
continuously deliver results in fast-paced and dynamic work
environments. Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with strategic corporate performance management
tools such as Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, Host Analytics, and/or
other IBM or Oracle systems beneficial.
- Familiarity with reporting tools such as Workiva, SSRS, and/or
Tableau a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Salary Range $61,650.00 -
$106,860.00 Compensation and Benefits To attract and retain top
talent, we're pleased to offer competitive compensation and
- Annual bonus program
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off plans include vacation accrual, sick
time, standard holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) with company matching contributions
- Awesome work environment with casual dress
- Team events and gatherings (Pre- and Post-Covid) Invitation
Homes is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a
diverse, inclusive and innovative environment with the best
associates. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other factor
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a
disability or special need that requires accommodation, please
contact us at . To all recruitment agencies: Invitation Homes does
not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
Invitation Homes employees. Invitation Homes is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Invitation Homes, Dallas , Sr. Analyst, FP&A, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!