Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Planning
Posted on: October 24, 2018
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
This SFA position is responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning around capital planning and IT operating expenses. This individual must update and report out on the changes to capital plan including the depreciation and amortization swings on a monthly basis. They need to be prepared to offer input and suggestions on potential areas of opportunity and proactively present this to the Sr. Manager. Primary areas of responsibility are to track and analyze the cost performance of multiple departments while providing excellent analytics as well as accurate and clear variance explanations on a monthly basis. Actively engage with Cost Center Owners to develop monthly forecast, annual budgets, and 3 year strategic plans to ensure accountability on the numbers provided to management. Works closely with Cost Center Owners in McKesson Technology (MT) division to develop, understand and present monthly forecast and plan variance explanations, by a variety of thresholds and formats, per area of expense. This position is responsible for initiating customer communications with Executive Leaders by scheduling and leading monthly financial reviews for their respective areas. Also responsible for providing monthly standardized reports across their departments and coordinating inputs for Corporate and Executive reporting deliverables. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for capital planning, acquisition activity, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, etc. Specifically this individual would be responsible for:
- Deliver Support and Reporting to Sr Manager, Capital Planning ensuring that they have the required data/information to accurately report out on Capital
- Own Monthly Capital Variance Reporting including discrepancy resolution and follow up on variances
- Own Month End Activities - Accruals, journal entries, reporting, etc
- Input updates for the Capital Forecast into Capital System and ensuring data is correct
- Input Capital Forecast Updates from Additions to Baseline into the capital system
- Deliver Support for Business Area operating forecast and monthly reporting providing input to owner on potential updates to plan/forecast and potential Risks and Opportunities
- Support the integration of additional Business Units and future Acquisitions into MT and play a lead role in ensuring the accuracy of Capital reporting for these businesses once integrated
- Enhancing the current monthly reporting pack to take advantage of current applications to enhance the value of reports to business leaders Additional responsibilities include developing and supporting financial models, be a business partner with assigned Executive Leader by providing value added financial analysis as needed
5 years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience
- 3 years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experience with experience of working with Capital, Depreciation and Amortization highly desired
- Financial Analysis experience
- Financial Modeling experience desirable
- Ability to work with large datasets Additional Knowledge & Skills:
- The right person for this position will demonstrate a balance of strong financial analysis and hands-on business partnership. Additional attributes include detailed data compilation, review and analysis, independence, good business judgment, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. Position requires excellent analytical and communication skills, business acumen, and proactively partner with senior business leaders. Individual must have a take charge attitude and work to quickly handle issues with capital plan and provide input for adjustments.
- Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems Education College Education preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance - individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can't do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Keywords: McKesson, Dallas , Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Planning, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!