Market Sales Specialist
Company: White Cap
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now known as White Cap Supply Holdings, Inc., we are
made up of three distinct businesses called White Cap, Contractors'
Warehouse and Brafasco:
- WHITE CAP is the nation's leading distributor of specialty
hardware, tools, safety supplies, concrete accessories and
materials for professional contractors.
- BRAFASCO is an industrial distributor in Canada specializing in
fasteners, safety supplies and tools.
- CONTRACTORS WAREHOUSE (formerly known as Home Improvement
Solutions) offers remodeling and construction supplies to
contractors and trade professionals through local retail outlets.
With customer-facing locations across the U.S. and Canada, White
Cap Supply Holdings is a leading distributor of specialty concrete
and construction products and services in North America serving
professional contractors across non-residential, residential and
other markets. White Cap Supply Holdings is headquartered in
Norcross, GA, and has approximately 269 locations across 39 U.S.
States and six Canadian provinces. Approximately 5,600 associates
provide support for more than 200,000 customers annually. White Cap
Supply Holdings provides specialty concrete and construction
products serving professional concrete contractors and
self-performing general contractors, as well as all professional
contractors who require power tools and accessories, safety
equipment, and fastening products in non-residential, residential
and other markets. In addition to value-add services, White Cap
Supply Holdings offers a portfolio of 400,000 SKUs that include
concrete accessories and chemicals, engineered materials and
fastening systems, steel products, tools and equipment, building
envelope, safety and consumables, and wood products. White Cap
Supply Holdings is commonly referred to simply as White Cap. Job
Description & Qualifications Job Summary Responsible for growing
the business by developing sales and ensuring that customers
receive the highest level of service possible. Ensure that pricing
and contracts are consistently, accurately, and ethically
administered in a timely manner. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Establishes and achieves sales growth and profit objectives
through the development, implementation, and monitoring of an
annual sales plan.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand
sales volume and profit margin within the assigned customer
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify the customer's
short- and long-term needs, as well as outlining specific goals to
meet those needs.
- Contacts established and prospective customers to solicit
orders. Primary means of contact is via telephone, though
management may require face-to-face customer contact in some
- Answers questions about products, prices, and durability.
Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of
- Maintains a current and accurate base of product knowledge and
applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Serves as point of contact for escalating issues or activities
that the customer encounters during product
implementation/utilization. Expedites the resolution of customer
- Assists the Credit Department in obtaining information that
enables the company to minimize risks associated with the extension
of credit to customers. Engages in and supports collection efforts
on past due amounts owed by a customer. Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce
mild discomfort on occasion.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2-3 years prior sales or telesales account management
- Experience with sales contracts, conducting sales calls and
- Must have a valid Drivers License and acceptable motor vehicle
record to meet carrier requirements. PRID PRID158 Job Locations
US-TX-Dallas Posted Date 1 day ago (10/15/2020 1:06 AM) Job ID
2020-39472 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Sales Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Dallas , Market Sales Specialist, Sales , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!