Dealer Sales Manager
Company: Dayton Superior Corporation
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Dayton Superior is Hiring! Why Join Dayton Superior? Since our
founding in 1924 as the family-owned Dayton Sure Grip & Shore
Company, we---ve never stopped evolving. We purchased Symons-- by
Dayton Superior --- now a 100+ year old brand --- in 1997 and
acquired 16 companies throughout the 1990's to broaden our service
lines. Despite a setback in the economic downturn of 2008-09,
Dayton Superior has emerged stronger than ever and rededicated to
the entrepreneurial qualities on which we were founded. At Dayton
Superior, we---re serious about concrete construction supplies. To
us, they---re not just what we sell, they---re a reflection of who
we are. Our 17,000+ products are tough, tested and high performing,
just like the people who stand behind them. Today, we are one of
the leading suppliers to the global non-residential concrete
construction industry. Accessories---chemicals---forming. All the
concrete solutions you need, all in one place. POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for managing sales activities with
dealers and distributors. TERRITORY:--Southwest Texas
including,--The Rio Grande Valley, Corpus Christi, San Antonio,
Austin, Waco. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing the annual sales plan and sales budget.
- Coordinates sales in the assigned territory by establishing
sales goals, and advises dealers and distributors concerning sales
and advertising techniques.
- Responsible for managing dealers as dictated by market
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist
dealers in promoting sales.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume
potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales
campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings to promote
- Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be willing to travel 40% to 50%.\ QUALIFICATIONS: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three years outside sales experience in the
construction industry. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must possess mechanical comprehension.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of MS Word,
Excel and Outlook. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 60% travel required.
- Must have the physical ability to set up formwork and shoring
equipment for display and or demonstration purposes.
- Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and
- Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person
and on the telephone.
- Must be capable of walking extensively on job sites, in
factories, and through distribution centers. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Inside average office environment.
- Average office noise levels.
- Personal protective equipment maybe required.
- Ambient temperature between 68? and 76?
- Outside standard job site conditions.
- All OSHA requirements must be followed. Benefits As part of the
Dayton family, you will enjoy competitive pay and a benefit package
designed to offer convenience and security to our employees and
their families. Our total compensation package includes: ---
medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage --- retirement
plan --- vacation --- tuition reimbursement --- short and long term
disability programs If we sound like your kind of people, we want
to hear from you! Apply today! EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vet
Keywords: Dayton Superior Corporation, Dallas , Dealer Sales Manager, Sales , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!