Business Development - Education Sales
Company: Rossier Park School
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Work. With Purpose
ChanceLight, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission
to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform
meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages
creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor - and a stellar work
ethic - we should talk.
The Vice President of Business Development (VP) is the front-line
sales executive working with targeted school districts to sell
ChanceLight Education services. Working as a member of a business
development team with the Executive Vice President (EVP), this
executive is responsible for building deep and broad relationships
with school districts in targeted markets. This role requires the
ability to navigate the financial, operational and academic
performance issues in a thorough and fair manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Exhibits strong identification, buy-in and passion for the
mission of high quality education.
* Delivers the revenue goals established for the region by
developing and managing related business development plans for the
* Well-versed in all ChanceLight lines of business and seizes cross
channel selling opportunities as they arise.
* Utilizes corporate CRM software to track leads/projects,
contacts, account development and pipeline specifics.
* Identifies and establishes strong relationships with key decision
makers within targeted states and school districts.
* Manages and executes service contracts which includes but is not
* conducting evaluations of district needs,
* performing return-on-investment (ROI) analyses,
* persuading key decision makers to support the sell-in
* negotiating contract parameters, and
* obtaining final contract approval.
* Works closely with peers to share best practices and support the
EVP in large scale initiatives.
* Ensures that all referral contact information is updated and the
outcome of each activity with the referral is properly
* Structures work load and work flow independently to maximize
productivity, generally out of a home office and/or on the
* Displays excellent human relations skills as judged by intellect,
communications ability, approachability, and integrity.
* Maintains a schedule of periodic contact (service calls/visits)
with current and previous customers to inquire about satisfaction
with services and need for other services.
* Schedules and coordinates activities requiring travel to maximize
the promotion of Company services at the most efficient cost of
* Keeps EVP informed as directed regarding development, progress,
and modifications of strategic business development plan for
The VP takes advantage of full complement of ChanceLight resources
and works with key district administrators/superintendents, central
office and site administrators. Additionally, this position works
with key corporate staff as outlined below to facilitate the sales
* Program/Center Operations -The VP establishes close and trusting
relationships with ChanceLight operations staff that will become
responsible for the program/center once the contract is signed.
S/he maintains awareness of the larger operational issues affecting
ChanceLight, as these will affect the sales process in new
districts. In addition, the complex nature of the personnel and
relationships inherent in outsourcing to private management
requires hand-in-glove cooperation between the sales and operations
teams when the program is implemented.
* Finance - Budget analysts will support the VP in the development
of budgets and other financial tools for use in structuring pricing
and other agreement terms.
* Legal - Attorneys and contract specialists will author the
detailed terms of district agreements at the direction of the
* Program - The VP works with the program staff to understand and
accurately represent ESA's achievement record.
* Communications & Media - The VP leverages the corporate media
expertise to ensure consistent and effective public communication
about ChanceLight's record and its successes.
* Other SVPs and VPs of Business Development to coordinate and
leverage his/her respective learning, best practices and in
targeting marketplace opportunities.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
* Able to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
over the telephone and in person.
* Able to cold call and/or meet with individuals of all levels with
confidence to initiate dialog regarding their job and ChanceLight
* Easily engage customers in dialog evoking service needs and
effectively communicates how ChanceLight services may assist in
meeting their service needs.
* Self-confident individual with his/her ego well in check, as well
as a collaborative team player.
* Person who is motivated by his/her impact on the
* Thinker who is innovative and intellectually curious, and who can
operate successfully among very bright and charismatic people.
* Senior executive open to feedback, continuous learning and
committed to ongoing self -improvement.
* Person with the ability to build credibility, make quick
decisions when necessary, and deliver fast results.
* Focuses on execution and getting results.
* Metrics and Data driven.
* Strong score card culture of clear responsibility and
* Demonstrating resilience and persistence in getting things
* Showing confidence and sound judgment in taking decisions, strong
decision facilitator and/or maker.
Keywords: Rossier Park School, Dallas , Business Development - Education Sales, Sales , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!