Inside Sales Systems Engineer
Company: Palo Alto Networks
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Palo Alto Networks Inside Sales Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers: creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, and making expert technical recommendations. You will work closely with the Inside Sales team and Channel partners to provide training and technical support as a product expert. As well as offer feedback to the Product Management team on new feature requests and product enhancements from your customer base.
- Effectively lead conversations about Palo Alto Networks security platform and solutions.
- Create and deliver compelling demonstrations of Palo Alto Networks products and solutions that clearly differentiates from competitors or legacy security solutions.
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape.
- Identify and qualify new opportunities, and support technical presales activities to opportunity closure.
- Proactively expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within existing accounts.
- Maintain key partner technical relationships and effectively enable and leverage channel partners; excel in a channel-driven sales model.
- Create evaluation test plans with customers that highlight the strengths of Palo Alto Networks platform and clearly differentiate from competitors, and manage the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
- Gather customer technical requirements and identify product and technology gaps.
- Understand and assist customers through the support escalation process, helping manage support escalations with the customer to closure, if necessary.
- Building and maintaining of an SE lab for testing and training purposes and assisting with customer EBC visits.
- Technical competence: Understands all Palo Alto Networks products; understands competitive technologies; technical expertise and experience on some technologies; Continuous technical development.
- Agenda setting: Effectively adapts Palo Alto Networks value proposition and vision for network security based on customer requirements; Proficient in identifying problems in customer environments and leading conversations in Palo Alto Networks solutions; Maintains strong relationships with customers at field and technical management levels, and effectively engages at senior technical and management levels.
- Professional skills: Consistently meets all expectations in customer facing engagement; in writing, presentation, and creative problem solving skills; demonstrates continued development and experience; maintains a very professional reputation with customers and channel partners.
- Attitude: Consistently takes responsibility for own actions; self-motivated and proactive in all engagements; consistently exhibits a positive attitude and demonstrates a whatever-it-takes mentality to get things done; Dependable, never makes excuses, and always delivers.
- Teamwork: Works extremely well with the immediate team and channel partners and can coordinate productive engagement with the product, marketing, and other members of the extended team; A consummate team player.
- Experience and established success as Pre-sales SE, or demonstrable equivalent industry experience.
- Ideal candidates will have prior experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances, including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches.
- Candidates should have practical experience working with routing and switching products that will be installed adjacent to the Palo Alto Networks appliances.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under duress.
- Mature and effective organizational and time-management skills.
- BSCS or equivalent with 2+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Experience training customers and partners on technical subject matter, including new networking and security features
- Prior startup experience, being one of the first SEs into an organization
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Working with companies in the enterprise networking security space
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Keywords: Palo Alto Networks, Dallas, Inside Sales Systems Engineer, Sales, Plano, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!